TECHmunch | LA 2011
BakeSpace.com’s TECHmunch Food Blogger Conference
Los Angeles | September 23rd
Doors open at 9:00am. (Light breakfast provided)
Networking Party: 6:00pm-9:00pm
As the online world descends on Los Angeles September 19th-23rd for Social Media Week, food bloggers in the the City of Angeles will be focused on an event all their own in the form of TECHmunch LA, which will be held Friday, September 23rd at the Annenberg Beach House in Santa Monica, CA.
Los Angeles is the latest stop for TECHmunch, which was created to help food bloggers learn practical tools and tactics for generating buzz, building an audience and making their hard work profitable.
TECHmunch is a blend of networking mixers, panels, tastings and cooking classes that will inspire even the most seasoned food blogger. The goal is to provide the ingredients you need to succeed and pursue your passion.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Bloggers & Web content creators who are passionate about food, traveling or lifestyle content.
- Marketing/brand professionals who are interested in meeting over 100 local L.A. bloggers & content creators.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
Topics include the latest tools and tactics to develop and optimize content, build buzz, grow an audience and profit financially from all the hard work. The focus is on practical, hands-on information that you can use from day-one to take your blog to the next level.
An extraordinary lineup of experts in digital media publishing, food/travel/lifestyle journalism, marketing and other key disciplines:
- Jane Goldman is VP and editor-in-chief of CBS Interactive’s Entertainment & Lifestyle division, including the award-winning CHOW.com.
- Rene Lynch (@renelynch) is the assistant food editor at the L.A. Times. You can also see her tweeting at @latimesfood or read her articles at The Daily Dish.
- Jessica Randazza (@JessicaRandazza) Manager, Brand Experience at Digitas (American Express)
- Babette Pepaj (@BakeSpace) is the founder and CEO of BakeSpace.com and TECHmunch Food Blogger Conference. Prior to launching BakeSpace,Babette worked for more than a decade producing and directing reality TV and is a recurring guest expert on Fox Business.
- Diane Cu (@whiteonrice), Photographer and publisher of White on Rice Couple
- Stefanie Michaels (@adventuregirl) is the author of “Adventure Girl’s Guide to Finding Adventure…WithoutBreaking a Nail.” Stefanie is Access Hollywood’s reoccurring travelexpert and has been a contributing writer for the Huffington Post and People Magazine to name a few.
- Adam Salomone (@hcpdishes) Associate Publisher, The Harvard Common Press
- Emily Schildt (@chobani), Communications Manager, Chobani
- Frank Elaridi, Producer ABC World News
- Amanda Coolong (@acoolong) is CCO, executive producer and chief correspondent at TechZulu. Shespecializes in the creation of integrated marketing and PR campaignstailored to the early-stage startup.
- Patti Londre (@worththewhisk), Publisher Worth the Whisk and created Camp Blogaway Bootcamp
- Jeff Potter (@cookingforgeeks) , Author “Cooking for Geeks” and publsiher of cookingforgeeks.com.
- Lindsay William-Ross (@SquashBlossom), LAist Editor.
- Sandra Mckenna (@McMedia) – Host of Midlife Roadtrip
- Erik Deutsch (@erikdeutsch), Principal ExcelPR Group and PRmashup.com
- Serena Erlich (@serena), Executive Director, Attention. Startups, web branding, community building, IR, social media in public companies, marketing.
- Marsha Colliar (@MarshaCollier) or and host of Computer & Technology Radio on wsRadio.com and Founder of @CustServ.
- Laurel Kaufman (@laurelkaufman), Founder, Elevate My Brand: Creative Marketing for Food, Wine & Retail Brands.
- Aaron Aviles (@aaronaviles), TECHmunch Funny Man.
INTERESTED IN SPONSORING TECHMUNCH:
TECHmunch is a series of conferences held in cities across the U.S. to help food bloggers learn the hands-on skills they need to make their blogs more personally and professionally rewarding. TECHmunch was created by BakeSpace.com Founder Babette Pepaj, who serves as conference producer. More information is available at http://techmunch.bakespace.com. Also connect with TECHmunch on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TECHmunch and on Twitter via hashtag #TECHmunch.
Launched in 2006 as the Web’s first food social network and recipe swap, BakeSpace.com is a grassroots community for people who love to cook, bake and hang out in the kitchen. The site has been recognized by the Webby Awards for five consecutive years, earning back-to-back Webby Award nominations in 2009 and 2010 for Best Social Network. Most recently, the site received triple 2011 Webby Award honors in the Community, Lifestyle and Social Media categories. BakeSpace.com has been described by USA Today as “the closest thing to a Facebook-like food site.” Members range from teenagers just beginning to explore the culinary lifestyle to great grandparents who want to share and preserve their treasured family recipes. BakeSpace.com is based in Los Angeles. www.BakeSpace.com
TECHmunch tickets are non-refundable, but they are transferable.