TECHmunch Austin is a three day conference and workshop for food bloggers to bring them up-to-speed on all the latest tools and tactics for building buzz, improving SEO, growing their audience and helping them turn their passion into profit.
TECHmunch is a traveling conference, so expect to see us in NYC (June), Boston (July) and Los Angeles in the Fall.
If you attended last year’s event, you’ll notice that we’ve expanded TECHmunch quite a bit. Thanks to our lovely sponsors – Whole Foods Market and KitchenAid for helping make this possible.
In addition to the full conference pass, we also offer one-day passes for those of you who can’t make it to the full conference (early bird pricing ends February 23rd).
Check out our awesome lineup of panels, speakers and workshop topics:
Friday, March 11
6 pm – 7 pm | Speaker Welcome Party | Invite Only at the Whole Foods Twitter Tasting (details coming soon on how to tune into the event)
7 pm – 9 pm | Opening Party for All Attendees – This event is free, but you must register. We will open more party passes once we close the early bird pricing on the main conference passes. RSVP Here
Saturday, March 12 | 9am-5pm
Disclaimer: We have done our best to secure the most interesting speakers we know. Sometimes stuff happens and speakers have to drop out due to their own scheduling conflicts. As of February 17th, this is our confirmed list. This may change.
- “How to Make Readers Passionate about Your Content” with Ben Huh (Founder & CEO Cheezburger, Inc.), Brett Erlich (Host Infomainia/Rotten Tomatoes for CurrentTV) and Sean Percival (Director of Content Socialization at MySpace)
- “Getting Noticed: Building your PR Plan” with Sarah Evans (Principal, Sevens Strategy), Eric Schwartzman (Author & Host of On the Record with Eric Schwartzman) and Erik Deutsch (Principal, ExcelPR Group)
- “The Art & Science of SEO” with Lee Odden (CEO, TopRank Marketing) and Tony Adam (Online Marketing MySpace.com)
- “How to Leverage Traditional Media” with Rene Lynch (Asst. Food Editor, LA Times), Jeff Houck (Food Editor, Tampa Tribune), Kat Kinsman (Editor, CNN’s Eatocracy) and Addie Broyles (Food Editor, Austin-American Statesman)
- “Creating Kickass Multimedia Content” with Jane Goldman (Editor in Chief, Chow.com), Nadia Giosia (Creator & Host, BitchinKitchen.TV) and Penny De Los Santos (Photographer, Senior Contributing Photographer, Saveur Magazine)
- “How to Make the Most of Your Online Influence” with Brian Solis (Author of Engage!)
Sunday, March 13 | 9am-7pm
- “Balancing Multiple Identities” with Cathy Brooks (Other Than That & Host, Social Media Hour)
- “Organizing Your Online Kitchen: How to Plan and Distribute Your Content” with Anna Gonzalez (Producer, CNN) and Jenna Gruhala Oltersdorf (Principal, Snackbox)
- “Creating Your Empire and Building Your Personal Brand” with Erik Trinidad (Founder & Cookbook Author, Fancy Fast Food), (Stefanie Michaels (Travel Author & @adventuregirl) and Gaby Dalkin (Founder & Host, What’s Gaby Cooking)
- “How to Make You and Your Blog Newsworthy” with Erik Deutsch (Principal, ExcelPR Group)
- “How to Make Money: Everything You Need to Know about RFPs and Selling Ads on Your Site” with Babette Pepaj (Founder, CEO BakeSpace.com & TECHmunch Food Blogger Conference)
- “How to Attract Awesome Brands and Build Partnerships” with Michael Bepko (Social Media Specialist, Whole Foods), Jessica Randazza (Account Exec Digitas – KitchenAid USA), Doug Chavez (Digital Marketer, Del Monte Foods)
- “Appetite for Apps: Mobile Syndication” with Nichelle Stephens (Founder & Publisher, Cupcakes Take the Cake), Tanya Edwards (Head of Cooking & Recipes, Foodnetwork.com), Brian Witlin (Founder, Shopwell.com), Amy Cao (Head of Social Media, Foodpotting.com) and Jeremy Fisher (Founder, Dinevore.com)
- “Optimizing Your Site for Growth: How to Survive Traffic Surges” with Marc Matsumoto (Founder, NoRecipes.com)
- “Tease Your Palate: Wine Tasting with Rick Bakas” with Rick Bakas (Founder, Bakas Media)
- VIDEO/LIVE STREAMING WORKSHOPS “Creating Your Digital Kitchen: How to Create Your Own Online Cooking Show” with Melody Pepaj (Sr VP Content Strategy, BakeSpace.com & Founder, ComedySpeakeasy.com), Efran Toscano (Founder/CEO, Techzulu) and Amanda Coolong (Founder/COO, Techzulu)
More photography and video sessions will be announced as well as a couple of exclusive cooking classes taught by Whole Foods Culinary Center instructors.
Closing Party: The ‘Cupcakes Take the Cake’ Cupcake Meetup
Location: Whole Foods HQ – RSVP Coming Soon
If you’ve been to SXSW, you know Nichelle’s ‘Cupcakes Take the Cake’ Cupcake Party is not to be missed. Last year we helped sponsor the event, this year we are teaming up once again to host the party along with our good friends at Whole Foods Market.
BUY PASSES (Early Bird pricing ends on Wed. Feb. 23rd)
Got questions or interested in sponsoring TECHmunch? E-mail babette[at]bakespace[dot]com.